RE: why the current kernel config menu layout is a mess

From: Frederick, Fabian (Fabian.Frederick@prov-liege.be)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 08:18:08 EST

from my poking around in the whole Kconfig structure, it seems that the
menu structure is tied awfully closely to the underlying directory
structure. this would make it overly difficult to shift parts of
the config menu around without dragging the corresponding directories
around as well.
<Sources are located regarding programming hierarchy _but_
<relevant Kconfig can tune situation using 'depends' feature
<at ease so that menuconfig, kernelserver ... have an optimized view
<over kernel tree.OTOH a major problem resides in lack of functionnalities
<especially when you don't know where to look at (ie.alphabetical order,
<search engine....I'm adding those functions to kernelServer (wconf) ASAP.