[2.4] cosmetic keyboard bug when ctrl was presses at boot.

From: Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi (vmlinuz386@yahoo.com.ar)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 23:22:58 EST

Hi people,

When pressing one or but times right key CTRL (not left CTRL or others),
at the moment of the beginning of kernel, exactly after the
decompression of this and before extinguished of the key numlock (I
suppose that he is keyboard boot), when kernel finishes starting, the
keyboard responds as if this key was pressed, such as letters, numbers
not appears in console when clicked.

The solution is to touch some keys like ctrl, alt, shift simultaneusly
among others randomly and returns to respond normally.

this is expectable, or is bug?

The kernel is 2.4.21 and the same it happens with 2.4.22-pre , and with
other machines of my friends, not happens with 2.6.0-test1.

Thanks in advance, and sorry my english.

arrivederci, djgera

Here is mi config
http://www.vmlinuz.com.ar/slackware/kernel.config.djgera/config-2.4.21

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
http://www.vmlinuz.com.ar http://www.djgera.com.ar

-- Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera ) http://www.vmlinuz.com.ar http://www.djgera.com.ar KeyID: 0x1B8C330D Key fingerprint = 0CAA D5D4 CD85 4434 A219 76ED 39AB 221B 1B8C 330D - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/