Re: passing my own compiler options into linux kernel compiling

From: Kurt Wall (kwall@kurtwerks.com)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 18:27:37 EST

Quoth Michal Semler:
> Hello,
>
> I use gcc-3.3 and I would like compile my kernel with flags:
>
> -O4 -march=pentium3 -mcpu=pentium3

Although it might be handled differently elsewhere, this snippet
from gcc/toplev.c suggests -O4 buys you nothing you don't get from
-O3:

  if (optimize >= 3)
    {
      flag_inline_functions = 1;
      flag_rename_registers = 1;
    }

Kurt

--
Substitute "damn" every time you're inclined to write "very"; your
editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.