Re: time for some drivers to be removed?

From: Diego Calleja García (diegocg@teleline.es)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 14:16:11 EST

El Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:50:48 -0400 (EDT) "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday@mindspring.com> escribió:

> and in the end, while i know some folks don't think it's a big
> deal, i think doing a "make allyesconfig" really should work.

well, AFAIK "make allyesconfig" is a debug target; ie. it
shouldn't be succesful from a developer point of view.

I guess what you meant is if we want to say to final users
"the driver for your hardware doesn't compile" or "your hardware isn't
supported (unless you're a developer who wants to fix it)" in which case
i'd say "yes"

Or instead, "should make allyesconfig compile drivers marked as obsolete",
where i'd also say "yes"

But sadly i can't fix all those drivers so i'll stop whining and let the real
developers do whatever they want ;)