Re: Posting format

From: Tomas Szepe (szepe@pinerecords.com)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 11:03:27 EST

> [Robert.L.Harris@rdlg.net]
>
> On the other hand if everyone posted at the top it would be considerably
> easier reading for those who have been following the conversation
> without having to scroll down and figure out where comments and the
> conversation is at.

So how do you context-quote when replying at the top?

Original text:

        Argument A.
        Argument B.

Reply:

        Reply intro text.

        Reaction A.
> Argument A.

        Reaction B.
> Argument B.

I don't think so. Awkward (mixing directions) and confusing.

> For those new to the conversation they can just start at the bottom and
> scroll up.

Ever actually tried doing that? IMHO it's not half as practical and
natural as reading from the top down. (You have to keep scrolling,
searching for block starts.)

--
Tomas Szepe <szepe@pinerecords.com>