Re: SCO offers UnixWare licenses for Linux

From: Larry McVoy (lm@bitmover.com)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 11:01:46 EST

> At least in the United States, you are not going to get away with
> claiming there is some stolen code that caused damages.
> Instead, to prevent this kind of "legal theft", the only thing a person
> found in possession of "stolen" property needs to do is to return it,
> unless there is evidence that the possessor actually stole the property
> in question.

Yeah, right.

    ``I "found" these 3GB of mp3's of music and I had no idea that
    they were stolen but now that you mention it, here they are back.
    Finders keepers, right?''

What were you thinking? That's obviously incorrect, I know that it is
incorrect from both observation of recent court cases as well as direct
personal experience.

--
---
Larry McVoy              lm at bitmover.com          http://www.bitmover.com/lm