USB problems (2.4.20) Device not accepting address=3 error=-110

From: root@mauve.demon.co.uk
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 07:07:45 EST

I can't seem to find where the error messages are defined.
I have a creative webcam (ov511) that will sometimes not be recognised
on boot (unplugging and replugging usually works).
/proc/bus/usb/devices does not show it if it is not recognised.
There are several other USB devices attatched that work, though they
are connected to a different port on the motherboard. (swapping
does not help)

Any ideas?