Linux 2.6.0-test1 on PPC

From: Gergely Nagy (algernon@bonehunter.rulez.org)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 13:22:54 EST

Hi!

I've tried to compile linux 2.6.0-test1 on ppc, and so far, ran into two
easily fixable problems: first, in arch/ppc/kernel/time.c
do_settimeofday has new_sec and new_nsec defined twice. When I removed
one of the definitions (I chose to remove the ones that were not
explictly initialised). Then drivers/ide/ppc/pmac.c failed to compile,
due to a missing ide_dma_intr and others. I looked into
includes/linux/ide.h, and noticed that these are only defined if
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE_DMA_PCI is defined, and my config didn't have that,
only CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE_DMA_PPC. So - as a quick and rude solution - I
changed the ifdef in ide.h, which is probably the wrong solution.

The kernel is still compiling, but I don't expect other failures.. If
anyone wants a patch for the above two trivial thingies, or has a
pointer to a ppc tree that is likely to be more up-to-date, please shout
:)

Cheers,

--
Gergely Nagy