Re: Scheduler starvation (2.5.x, 2.6.0-test1)

From: Tom Felker (tcfelker@mtco.com)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 10:14:46 EST

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 03:40:09 +0200, Simon Kirby wrote:

> Is anybody else seeing this or is it something to do with my setup here?
>
> Simon-

I see this too, on a much faster system. My browsing habit is to open a
link in a new tab, and immediately click on that tab. The mouse gets
noticeably jumpy right after clicking the link. I may be jaded by my
2.4.20-gentoo kernel which never did this, but still...

My system is a 2.4 GHz P4 running Gentoo, 2.6.0-test1 (tainted with
nVidia), and Mozilla Firebird, with a USB mouse.

--
Tom Felker

Alchemists became chemists when they stopped keeping secrets.