Re: 2.4.21-pre4: PDC ide driver problems with shared interrupts

From: Edward King (edk@cendatsys.com)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 09:44:10 EST

John:

Quick fix to the problem is remove devfs -- it appears that the devfs
code doesn't like to have the raid layered on top of it, and it loses
interrupts.

I've got two systems now running 4 200GB WD's connected to a single
promise card (ATA100/TX2) with the booting drive (a 5th drive) attached
to the motherboard. The raid works flawlessly and is fast -- I imagine
there'd be a speedup by keeping all the drives as master (with 2 pdc's)
and it would be more robust, but those aren't issues.

Hope this helps -- I'll post this to the mailing list to help anyone
else with this problem.

- Ed