Re: 2.6.0-test1 cryptoloop & aes & xfs

From: Hielke Christian Braun (hcb@unco.de)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 19:24:12 EST

Hello,

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 01:12:32PM -0400, Jeff Sipek wrote:

> > So the new cryptoloop in 2.6.0 is incompatible to the one in the
> > international crypto patch?
> >
> > I could not access my old data. So i created a new one. But when
> > i copy some data onto it, i get:
> >
> > XFS mounting filesystem loop5
> > Ending clean XFS mount for filesystem: loop5
> > xfs_force_shutdown(loop5,0x8) called from line 1070 of file
> > fs/xfs/xfs_trans.c. Return address = 0xc02071ab Filesystem "loop5":
> > Corruption of in-memory data detected. Shutting down filesystem: loop5
> > Please umount the filesystem, and rectify the problem(s)
> >
> > To setup, i did this:
> >
> > losetup -e aes /dev/loop5 /dev/hda4
> > mkfs.xfs /dev/hda4
>
> No, you should use
>
> mkfs.xfs /dev/loop5
>
> you want to create a fs on the loop device.

You are right. But i did use the /dev/loop5 device. I just wrote
it wrong in the email.

I retried today on a different spare machine with the same result.
Then i tried with formating the loopback device with ext2
filesystem. After filling the the device with about 1GB of data, i
umounted it and did a file check. A lot of errors where reported.
Something is not good there too.

Is anybody using the cryptoloop successful in 2.6.0?

Best regards,
 Christian.