Re: Synaptics touchpad problem.....

From: Josh Crawley (josh@voicecomcorp.com)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 18:23:32 EST

Joseph Fannin wrote:

>On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 12:48:02PM -0500, Josh Crawley wrote:
>

>>Summation of cut: Compaq 1260 Touchpad does not work with Synaptics
>>

> Boot with psmouse=noext or (better) set up the userspace half of
>the new synaptics touchpad driver for XFree86 from:
>http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/index.html

I'll probably stick with the kernel param. I'm not the best of coders
 (and no where near kernel-level). Course, that's why I'm here.

Still, I was wondering why it (synaptics) was putting sync errors even
when I was in console mode. It was almost as it couldnt decode the
output of the touchpad.

> We're still waiting for someone to step forward and write support
>for GPM for this, I guess.

I dont even have GPM on my laptop. I had enough troubles dealing with
Slack and its incessant need of default choosing GPM.

I'm still green when it comes to understanding interals, but thanks for
explaining what was probably a dumb question.

Josh Crawley.