Re: Support sharp zaurus C-750

From: David Brownell (david-b@pacbell.net)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 15:18:26 EST

Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> This adds support for another handheld from sharp to 2.6.0-test1,
> please apply:

I'll tweak it a bit, so that it's identifed as a C-7x0 not as
an A-300, and merge it through Greg into 2.6 and 2.4. Thanks
for the patch!

Here's where I wish Sharp took a more enlightened approach to
their firmware: they _could_ just modify the firmware revision
number and descriptive strings. They're gratuitously requiring
a new host-side driver for each new product variant, which is
just a PITA. Maybe by the time these get distributed in the US,
that can be resolved.

You wouldn't happen to have the C-760 product ID too, would you?
(That's got more flash and battery power.)

- Dave