Re: TCQ problems in 2.6.0-test1: the summary

From: Ivan Gyurdiev (ivg2@cornell.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 10:58:53 EST

> This is really strange. The only difference between using 8 or 32 tags
> is when ide-disk stops attempting to queue. Are you getting any errors
> in dmesg when this happens? Reading the start io path for this, it looks
> correct to me. I'll have to try and reproduce when I get back.

I get filesystem errors.
Well, reiserfs refuses to pass the filesystem check every time with a
queue of depth 8. The one time that I decied to bypass it to look for
errors, I got a bunch:

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0307.1/1307.html

XFS will boot, but corrupts the fs after a while, and I got an oops there:

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0307.1/2583.html

Other than that - no messages.

> If it's an ide tcq bug, it isn't very interesting. You can safely fry
> that partition.

Already done.