Re: keep the linux logo displayed

From: James Simmons (jsimmons@infradead.org)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 11:54:37 EST

> Hi !
>
> I wondered if anyone knows about a 2 lines patch, to keep the linux logo
> always displayed in a 2.5.x / 2.6.x kernel ??
> I've tried to patch a few lines in fbcon.c, without success :-(

That wouldn't be easy to do. In struct vc_data (data about VC tty device)
you have vc_top and vc_bottom. Normally vc_top is 0 and vc_bottom is that
last row on your screen. For the logo we move vc_top down a little bit.
The problem is after we start minigetty on the various /dev/ttyX as soon
as you VC switch you reintialize the screen to the standard behavior of
vc_top = 0 and vc_bottom is the last row. It would take hacks to the upper
console layer to do that.
        You can write a userland app to do this. There are esc sequence
that change vc_top. You could even alter minigetty if you want.