Re: More 2.6.0-test1-ac2 issues / nvidia kernel module

From: Ian Hastie (ianh@iahastie.clara.net)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 22:13:54 EST

On Friday 18 Jul 2003 16:49, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> Yes, please: nvidia taints the kernel - so flame at your will - but
> this is a more general question regarding module loading:
>
> If I load the nvidia kernel module like this:
>
> % modprobe nvidia NVreg_Mobile=2 NVreg_SoftEDIDs=0
>
> and start kdm afterwards, it works as in 2.4 -- I get a two screen
> setup with one screen on my laptop TFT and one on my external TFT
> screen.
>
> If I use this /etc/modules.conf:

And that's the problem. The new modprobe uses /etc/modprobe.conf rather than
/etc/modules.conf. In Debian you now need to put the component files into
/etc/modprobe.d instead of /etc/modutils. However the syntax appears to be
mostly the same so the configuration files you already have should still
work.

--
Ian.