Re: 2.5.72 insmod question

From: Ronald Jerome (imun1ty@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 17:53:44 EST

Well I would also mention for the Redhat users
especially redhat v9.0 users to grab the rawhide
versions of the updated modutils and mkinitrd.

Especially if they want to be able to boot kernels 2.4
and 2.5, 2.6 series

I had to reinstall redhat because the rusty mod-utils
alone did not allow the mkinitrd to work for 2.5
kernels. Had soemone help me do some modification to
mkinitrd to geta good working initrd.

Anhow few things happened and I ended up reinstalling
my redhat v9.0 and this time installed the rawhide
rpm's modutils and mkinitrd.

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rusty/modules/