Re: Bitkeeper

From: Rik van Riel (riel@redhat.com)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 15:44:02 EST

On 18 Jul 2003, Shawn wrote:

> To add to this, why?

That's a good question indeed.

> I don't mean to jump on anyone, but so long as someone can pull all the
> BK data out

You're right. There is no data lock-in, so there is no reason
at all why we (FSVO "we") would even need a free alternative to
Bitkeeper.

People who really care about Bitkeeper being non-free can work
towards making a free alternative. Some people are doing exactly
that (I bet you won't see them in this thread though, they're
too busy doing useful stuff).