Re: 2.6 sound drivers?

From: Norberto BENSA (nbensa@gmx.net)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 13:43:50 EST

Takashi Iwai wrote:
> the treble/bass code is implemented statically.
> (so it is also on OSS emu10k1 as default, btw.)
>
> note that there is an additional switch to activate bass/treble.
> as default, this is set off. turn it on via alsamixer to get
> effects.

Ah, OK. Thank you. I'll take a look.

> > Anyone (Terje, Ed) care to say HOW did you enabled treble and bass in
> > emu10k1 (ALSA) or you will continuously say "it works for me" without
> > saying anything useful?
>
> hey, they told you right :)

Sorry. I didn't meant to be harsh but I haven't seen anything but "ALSA
supports emu10k1" or "emu10k1 is very well supported under ALSA." I just
wanted to know how to get tone control under ALSA and no one seems to share
that information. Or perhaps I miss a couple of e-mails from this list? I
can't find this one for example:

Seems like LKML swallowed that one. If that's the case, and I missed someone's
reply, please forgive me.

Best regards,
Norberto