Re: Re[2]: Input layer demand loading

From: Mike Fedyk (mfedyk@matchmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 13:38:59 EST

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 09:14:49AM +0400, "Andrey Borzenkov" wrote:

> [...]

In many cases, you only know you have a class of devices, and you need more
probing after the initial hardware notification (hotplug).

There are many people that want all probing to be in user space. Let's face
it, it's easier (no need to reboot) to upgrade a userspace probing app than
to install a new kernel.

Unfortunatly, it doesn't look like that will happen for 2.6, but I'd bet it
will in 2.7, and hotplug will probably be a considerable player in that area
(unless something better is used instead).