initrd (cramfs?) / cannot open root device (2.5.75)

From: lists@runa.sytes.net
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 11:34:42 EST

Dear all:
I have 2.5.75 at home and it works great. Now Im trying to run it at work.

After booting it for the first time, I got this message:

VFS: cannot open root device "302" or unknown block (3,2)

(my root partition is /dev/hda2, ext3, worked great with debian's 2.4.20-386)

So, I thougt that I could debug it with an initrd and build one with

mkinitrd -o /boot/initrd-2.5.75 /lib/modules/2.5.75

I configured lilo to use that initrd
        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.5.75

and booted again.

Now I got:

couldn't find valid RAM disk image starting at 0

The initrd image I built looks like a valid "Compressed ROMFS" (this is
cramfs, right?) as I can mount it via loop device.

What am I doing wrong?
Im not specially intrested in using the initrd, I just wanted to boot on
/dev/hda2 :).

I would love if somebody could point me how to fix the root device or the
initrd thing .

Im attaching my .config

thanks in advance