Re: kernel 2.6.0-test1 snd-ice1724 module OOPS

From: Wil Reichert (wilreichert@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 06:25:36 EST

Yes, the module loads fine now.

I have a couple of questions regarding this card (M-Audio Revolution 7.1) and ALSA if you'll humour me.

A) Does the driver support more than 2 channels of sound? I've had no luck getting output out of anything but the analog front channel.

B) Instead of the typical <Master> <PCM> <Line> etc channels in alsamixer I have DAC[1-7], with the front left & right channel being <DAC> and <DAC1>. Is this normal?

C) mplayer (http://www.mplayerhq.hu) compiled with alsa support will detect the card but fails a snd_pcm_hw_params_set_format call. It will work fine via OSS emulation however. The same build of mplayer works fine via alsa with other cards, tho. Is this a driver problem, a hardware limitation, or a problem in mplayer?

Thanks.

Wil