Re: new raid server crashed - no idea why!

From: Alan Cox (alan@redhat.com)
Date: Wed Jul 16 2003 - 11:01:18 EST

> RedHat 8.0 software and the latest raid drivers from LSILogic.
> The spec of the machine is dual processor - AMD MP 2400+ with
> LSILogic MegaRAID 320-2, and adaptec ultra wide scsi.

The data roughly speaking says "it broke". Its not useful log data
alas.

> BIOS failed to enable PCI standards compliance, fixing this error.
> mtrr: your CPUs had inconsistent fixed MTRR settings
> mtrr: probably your BIOS does not setup all CPUs)

Linux fixed both of these up. The former may indicate old BIOS rather
than anything much to worry about

If its a dual athlon run memtest86 on it for a few hours - thats my first
guess fro the traces and the fact the dual athlons are infamously
sensitive about ram