Re: 2 2.6.0-test1 issues

From: Robert L. Harris (Robert.L.Harris@rdlg.net)
Date: Wed Jul 16 2003 - 06:02:06 EST

GAH, I should have know that one and yes it fixed both problems as well
as a new one with ETerms failing to start in X.

Thanks alot,
  Robert

Thus spake Barry K. Nathan (barryn@pobox.com):

> On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 06:38:51AM -0400, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> > I can SSH out of my 2.6.0-test1 box (IPv4 and IPv6). When I try to ssh
> > in though I get a prompt for a passphrase like normal but once I enter
> > it nothing happens it just hangs there.
> >
> > On bootup I get multiple FATAL messages about tty and ttyS. They're
> > scattered throughout the startup process and don't seem tied to any
> > particular init scripts.
>
> Make sure you have a line in /etc/fstab for /dev/pts, like the
> following:
>
> none /dev/pts devpts defaults 0 0
>
> My recollection is that I've seen this happen with at least some 2.4
> kernels as well, so it's not a 2.6-specific thing. I may not be
> remembering correctly, however.
>
> Also note that some distributions will go ahead and mount /dev/pts
> without having a line for it in /etc/fstab, so this isn't needed for all
> Linux boxes.
>
> -Barry K. Nathan <barryn@pobox.com>
> -

:wq!
Robert L. Harris | GPG Key ID: E344DA3B
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:
      These are MY OPINIONS ALONE. I speak for no-one else.

Diagnosis: witzelsucht

IPv6 = robert@ipv6.rdlg.net http://ipv6.rdlg.net
IPv4 = robert@mail.rdlg.net http://www.rdlg.net