Re: 2.5.74-mm2

From: paterley (paterley@DrunkenCodePoets.com)
Date: Sat Jul 05 2003 - 17:23:59 EST

ok, I get 4 of a kernel oops during boot, but the kernel seems to stay happy. I'm going to keep it going for fun to see if I can cause more oopses. Attached is the first of the 4 oopses.

according to dmesg, immediately prior to the first oops, smbfs was unloaded due to unsafe usage.

Exact Error:
Module smbfs cannot be unloaded due to unsafe usage in include/linux/module.h:482

I'll be around for a few more hours if there is anything I can do to help answer questions.

Pat Erley