Re: Probably 2.4 kernel or AIC7xxx module trouble

From: Justin T. Gibbs (gibbs@scsiguy.com)
Date: Wed Jul 02 2003 - 10:14:08 EST

> The system halts easily if I do a large I/O, like reindexing a database,
> giving me some messages like: (scsi0:A:1:0): Locking max tag count at 128...

The "Locking max tag count" messages are normal. It means the SCSI
driver was able to determine the maximum queue depth of your drive.

6.2.8 is rather old. I don't know that upgrading the aic7xxx driver
will solve your problem, but it might be worth a shot. The latest
is available here:

http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gibbs/linux/SRC/

After upgrading, you should be at 6.2.36.

--
Justin