pppoe + sk_run_filter

From: Andreas Achtzehn (linux-kernel@achtzehn.homelinux.org)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2003 - 15:08:20 EST

Dear Michal,

I have serious problems trying to get PPPoE running with socket filtering
activated. I need socket filtering for my DHCP server and PPPoE for routing
purposes. I've been using a vanilla 2.4.20 kernel as well as a 2.4.21-rc8
patched one.
I did following:

Working .config with PPPOE activated (as module), added Socket Filtering.

Result:

/lib/modules/2.4.21-rc8/kernel/drivers/net/pppoe.o: unresolved symbol
sk_run_filter

According to System.map the sk_run_filter is compiled in:

c0228480 T sk_run_filter
c02bd898 R __kstrtab_sk_run_filter
c02c3cf8 R __ksymtab_sk_run_filter

So, why doesn't pppoe load? I also tried activating PPP_FILTER. Didn't work
either.

I read on some mailing lists that this might be a bug. That's why I
contacted you. 2.4.21 is soon to be released. Maybe pppoe needs a bugfix?
I'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance from Germany,

Andreas

PS: Attached you will find the .conf diff of my used conf and the standard
conf at arch/i386/defconf for 2.4.21-rc8.