[updated] Re: snd_pcm_oss: Oopsen with resampling

From: bert hubert (ahu@ds9a.nl)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2003 - 08:20:58 EST

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 02:45:28PM +0200, bert hubert wrote:

> Anyhow, when playing at 22050 Hz, I get the oops below after about 200ms of
> sound, at 44010 there is no problem. It doesn't always occur though.

This is wrong. What actually causes the oops is playing two sounds
simultaneously. It doesn't happen if I send two identical mono .wav sounds
at the same time, but it does when xmms is playing a stereo mp3 and I send a
mono .wav sound.

Playing a stereo .wav and two mono wav's does not trigger this.

Regards,

bert