Re: Linux 2.4.21-rc8

From: Arjan van de Ven (arjanv@redhat.com)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2003 - 03:09:56 EST

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 08:27, Michael Knigge wrote:

> Hmmm... I don't want to tell you how you have to do your job, but this
> is a known error and (if I followed the postings here correctly) there
> was a fix posted. So why not include it in 2.4.22?

If you wait with releases until every last and final bug is fixed,
you'll never get a release out, because there is always SOME bug
somewhere left, the kernel is just too big for that to not be the case.
It's a matter of priorities if a defect is a stopship or not, and it
seems the bug in question isn't according to the release managers
opinion.