Re: 2.4.20: Proccess stuck in __lock_page ...

From: Thomas Tonino (ttonino@users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 13:58:28 EST

Jens Axboe wrote:

Lemme guess, hard drive on the same channel as the burner? There's
nothing we can do about that, hardware limitation.

hmmm... most drives these days have a command to read free buffer capacity, so there is no need to send more than the drive can swallow - and no need to tie up the channel.

The reason you see it
during fixation is because that's one long single command, and we cannot
preempt the channel and service requests while that is going on.

But this may be the exception that breaks the rule. Bah.

Thomas