Re: 2.6 must-fix, v4

From: Chris Mason (mason@suse.com)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 19:51:34 EST

On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 19:33, Randy.Dunlap wrote:
> On Fri, 16 May 2003 16:17:53 -0700 Andrew Morton <akpm@digeo.com> wrote:
>
> | fs/
> | ---
> |
> | - Integrate Chris Mason's 2.4 reiserfs ordered data and data journaling
> | patches. They make reiserfs a lot safer.
>
> What's the delay on this? I used this code last June/July,
> and I understand that SuSE has been shipping it for awhile now.

Mostly because everyone is sick of waiting for me to finish porting and
testing in 2.5. I removed the changes to fs/super.c from my 2.4 code,
the idea is to get submitted to 2.4 so I can lighten my load and work
harder on the 2.5 port.

We'll see, if I don't have it done before ottawa akpm can throw me in
the river. Inclusion is a different story of course but they can't
include it if it isn't fully ported ;-)

-chris