Re: [FLAME]: Log and console pollution: ip_tables: (C) 2000-2002 Netfilter core team

From: Harald Welte (laforge@netfilter.org)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 14:12:38 EST

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 01:36:30AM +0800, Michael Frank wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I notice anoying messages in logs and on the console such as the above.
>
> Gladly, most humble authors refrain from this bloat.

Well, it is not any more bloat than printing a line like 'ip_tables:
initialized ip_tables core successfully'.

> Could one ban these messages from the console altogether and perhaps
> mandate sending credits to a seperate "credits log" file

I remember a huge discussion on this subject quite some time (years?)
ago on lkml, so don't let's repeat a flame war about this.

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@netfilter.org>             http://www.netfilter.org/