Re: Flame Linus to a crisp!

From: Zack Gilburd (zack@tehunlose.com)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 09:01:28 EST

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 03:35:10 -0700 (PDT)
Andre Hedrick <andre@linux-ide.org> wrote:

> There is one fundamental problem, and nobody has addressed.
>
> Who will enforce the GPL over DRM violations?
> Since it is a blanket over the entire kernel, and you have formally
> (for the most part) have authorized DRM, thus one assumes you are the only
> one who can pursue in a court of law.

Unless I am missing something, I was hoping for more of a sparse DRM implementation; not a blanket.

I was hoping to be able to `modprobe drm` for when I needed to use DRM and likewise `rmmod drm` for when I didn't want it. Maybe I am a little late in this disucssion, but that's just my hopes and whishes.

-Zack Gilburd