Is serial driver in 2.4.20 not SMP clean?

From: Adam Majer (adamm@galacticasoftware.com)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 22:49:23 EST

Hi all,

I am having some serious problems with the serial driver in 2.4.20 kenrnel
(from Debian) compiled with GCC 2.95.4

My server is a dual PPro with ECC memory. It has never crashed until
I started using the serial port for the modem. During a connection,
it suddenly froze with no keyboard response at all and _nothing_
on the screen. I thought maybe something overheated or what not.

Two days later, I tried using the modem once more. After about
30 minutes and 1.5M later, there was a hard crash once more.

I never experienced that with a non-SMP machine. And I never
used SMP with serial driver...

serial is compiled as module.

Any ideas?

- Adam