Coding regulations

From: rmoser (mlmoser@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 21:14:12 EST

Yeah just a quick question. Not that I am actually able to code kernel
level drivers (I wish), but when I do code that would be part of one, I would
prefer not to make it a hassle for others to impliment.

To the point, I tend to do C++ classes, then make a C interface. Makes
it easier for me to program. Now, you may not want to mess with the C++
and convert it over, plus you may not want C++ code in the kernel. I am
about to start on the compression code for the fast algorithm that may be
used for kernel swap compression and compressed swap-on-ram, assuming
these swap modules are implimented. I don't want to cause any... oddities.

The C interfaces are just C functions that take a numerical handle which
identifies a class in a self-sorting linked list, as well as all the other data that
goes to each member function of the classes. I can still do it in C alone but
it's a little more work. Just don't wanna mess anyone/anything up.

--Bluefox Icy