Re: LSE conference call

From: Bill Davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 12:55:03 EST

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Hanna Linder wrote:

> In light of our speaker sleeping through the meeting and
> the fact that kernel hackers tend not to be awake early
> in the morning I propose moving the time of the call to
> 1pm Pacific Time (GMT-0800).
>
> Originally we chose 9:30am to encourage people in Europe and
> India to attend. However, the time change has not increased
> attendance so I think we should move it to a more reasonable
> time for North American Continental dwellers who are the
> main attendees.
>
> Any comments? Debate? Hate mail?

Must have been really short, I missed it coming in a tad late. In any
case, NY is nicely in the middle between CA and Europe, so any time good
on the ends will be fine here.

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, jw schultz wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 06:49:41PM +0100, John Bradford wrote:
> > > In light of our speaker sleeping through the meeting and
> > > the fact that kernel hackers tend not to be awake early
> > > in the morning I propose moving the time of the call to
> > > 1pm Pacific Time (GMT-0800).
> >
> > 10 PM U.K. time is no problem for me.
>
> I think Hanna meant 1:00PM PDT (GMT-0700) With UK on DST it
> is still 8 hours difference. I think that also puts it
> around 6-8AM down under.

Please just give time in GMT and let us work it out! Between time zones
and daylight savings it's more confusing than useful.

Last week I went to Arizona from New York. It went like this: Sunday
morning 1hr forward for DST. Sunday later, 2hr back for central timezone.
Sunday later 1hr more back, Arizona doesn't do DST, except... Monday, 1hr
forward again, the Navaho nation in AZ does do DST. At that point I set my
watch to GMT and told local time by the sun! Oh well, lots of brewpubs,
it's always time for a beer.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc