[Q]About using Netlink socket and endian transition..

From: soyoung@taonetworks.com
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 07:24:09 EST

(This mail is CC'ed to linux-net mailing list)

Hi, I have a question about netlink socket.
It can be a 'stupid' question, but I need help about it.

The question is :

"Does it matter to change endian in netlink socket communication?"

Usually there is no endian-transition code in netlink socket program,
but netlink socket is also 'socket', so I think when I want to use
netlink communication, I have to use endian transition, but no one did it! :)

I'm testing netlink socket for Traffic Control (TC) in MPC8250,
which is a Motorola PowerPC based CPU.
TC works good in normal Pentium-based PC,
but it doesn't look working very well on MPC8250 - Traffics cannot recognize
their own filters when running through the linux router.

So I wonder whether this problem is related to netlink endian transition.

Is there anybody who has tested netlink socket in PPC-based platform?

Thanks.