Re: Linux 2.4.21-rc1 - unresolved

From: Marc-Christian Petersen (m.c.p@wolk-project.de)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 06:27:39 EST

On Wednesday 23 April 2003 21:51, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

Hi Marcelo,

> I'm sorry for not having looked into it, Marc. My inbox is not a very
> easily manageable thing.
> > Search the archives. I won't post it again and again and again and again
> > ^again^10.
> I will look into the archives. Thank you.
Don't waste your time with searching archives ;) Take the attached ones.

Explaination:

01. export 'proc_get_inode' symbol b/c it's unresolved in
    drivers/net/wan/comx.o

        Patch by: Andrea Arcangeli

02. export 'panic_notifier_list, panic_timeout' b/c it's unresolved in
    ipmi_msghandler.o and ipmi_watchdog.o

        Patch by: me

03. If a process cannot exit because it's stuck in eg. a driver, it
    doesn't make sense to have the OOM killer kill it repeatedly;
    that could lead to a hung system.

    Instead, kill another process if the first process we tried to
    kill hasn't made any move to exit within 5 seconds. This way
    we have a much better chance of recovering the system.

        Patch by: Rik van Riel

    I can ack that this fixes the silly behaviour of the oom killer if the
    patch is _not_ applied. _With_ the patch, it works great.

--
ciao, Marc