Re: hdparm and removable IDE?

From: Ron House (house@usq.edu.au)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 23:41:44 EST

May I thank all of you who have taken time and been so kind as to help
out with my question. I'll try to put concrete something together, and
perhaps ask for any specific comment at that time.

Just one general comment, though. I believe it would be a very big coup
for Linux if this feature (hot-swap IDE) were built into Linux properly.
These big HDs are getting cheap, and the ability to back-up entire
systems, send truly huge image and sound files to colleagues, etc., make
this a really high-potential medium. A concrete *feature* like this
would really speak to less knowledgeable users than some of the more
technical developments, vital though they are.

Anyway, thank you all and thanks also for your dedicated and selfless
work for the rest of us!

--
Ron House     house@usq.edu.au
               http://www.sci.usq.edu.au/staff/house