Re: linux kernel IDE development process question

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 00:58:48 EST

Bart,

When you do, let me know.
I would like to suggest how to decouple the hwgroup in general but not
lose it because of a need to sync the iops during setup and hba recovery.
The dirt on why it has to be done is not public per NDA's, but this will
help the driver. Additionally, movement to create hwif->queue for
load-balance and threading of the channel IO is a must now. As SATA
arrives in bulk, their will be more effective hwif's per hba and the
rules for assignment must change.

Cheers,