Re: [Lse-tech] Re: [OSDL][BENCHMARK] DBT-2 2.5.65/mjb/osdl comparison data

From: Patrick Mansfield (patmans@us.ibm.com)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 20:17:36 EST

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 03:52:24PM -0800, Mary Edie Meredith wrote:
> No, I didn't capture read profiles on the non-cached cases. I will be
> collecting readprofile on all cases when I go to 2.5.66, but I didn't on
> this round.
>
> If you have a special interest, I can go back and get the data. It
> takes 2hrs per kernel. If you could identify a subset most interesting
> to you, I can do those first.

I am wondering if you are seeing any lock contention for the
host_lock/queue_lock in scsi.

There are some patches not in mainline that I would like to see run
against a multi-disk IO intensive benchmark.

They are currently applied in this bk tree:

bk://linux-scsi.bkbits.net/scsi-locking-2.5

Or, I could send you a patch against 2.5.66.

If you can run with the above and compare to 2.5.66 I would appreciate it
(readprofiles for both cases would still be useful). I would hope to see
at least lower system times.

Thanks.

-- Patrick Mansfield