Re: IDE DMA problems

From: Danny ter Haar (dth@ncc1701.cistron.net)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 16:09:31 EST

Torsten Landschoff <torsten@debian.org> wrote:
>Using hdparm -X 66 to set it to udma2 just kills off dma with these
>error messages:
>
> hda: timeout waiting for DMA
> ide_dmaproc: chipset supported ide_dma_timeout func only: 14
> hda: status error: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }
> hda: drive not ready for command
> blk: queue c0370084, I/O limit 4095Mb (mask 0xffffffff)
> hda: lost interrupt

I've experienced similar "problems/events".

If i enable unix processor apic but NOT IO-APIC i don't have these
problems.

Could you recompile your kernel and see if this solves it ?
I have encountered these problems on several machines with different
hardware (p4 & amd athlon).

Regards,

Danny

--
Miguel   | "I can't tell if I have worked all my life or if
de Icaza |  I have never worked a single day of my life,"