Re: Read and write by a module

From: George Chang (h9916628@hkusua.hku.hk)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 04:25:17 EST

Hi all,

I have read the book but it seems not useful for file operation in kernel
mdoule. I have completed a read and write part for module. But dont know why
the system will hang up when reading and writing the file for more than 3
times.

Could anyone tell me the procedures for file operation in kernel, e.g. do I
need spin_locks() first ?
I think another problem is the declaration of char array. I use char *temp=
kmalloc(50, GFP_KERNEL), is it correct? I guess the hang-up problem may be
due to the null pointer dereference .

Anyone knows about installation and configuration of SGI KDB kernel
debugger?

Thanks

George