Re: sisfb: two more little problems

From: Torrey Hoffman (thoffman@arnor.net)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 21:37:15 EST

On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 16:22, James Simmons wrote:
> > Besides the problems with mode switching with fbcon, I have two other
> > problems with sisfb:
> >
> > 1. My gpm mouse cursor on the framebuffer console is a cyan rectangle
> > with a bright orange "G" in it. Actually the G has a "^" accent over
> > it. That's just when it's over a blank spot. When I move it over other
> > characters, the character in the pointer changes. However, it does work
> > for selecting text.
>
> Try my latest patch. It should fix this.

Well, not quite. The problem is still there. I have checked it a
little more closely though, and noticed that it isn't always there.
Some virtual consoles have the problem and some don't. It seems like
before I log in on a console, there's no problem. And sometimes even
after logging in it is OK, but usually after I log in the green and
orange framebuffer mousepointer starts.

This is Red Hat 8.0, by the way. I think it does something to the
console when I log in, the screen usually blanks for a second after I
enter the login password and before the bash prompt appears.

> > video=sisfb:1024x768-24@75
> >
> > and neither one works. What is the expected command line?
>
> It is video=sisfb:...
>
> Hm. It should work.

I found the sisfb web page and it is:
video=sisfb:mode:1024x768x24