ACPI and FAN problem

From: Luis Miguel Garcia (ktech@wanadoo.es)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 14:30:37 EST

Hello:

I have a Sony VAIO PCG-N505VE laptop. It usually gets very hot when I do compiling or something very complex. ACPI says it's at 65 degrees. I have opened it and it has a very little fan near the cpu but it NEVER gets on. I have tested with latests acpi.

under /proc/acpi/fan there is not any file.

What can I do in order to be useful for the ACPI project to make this work?

Thanks!

Luis Miguel Garcia Mancebo
Ingenieria Tecnica en Informatica de Gestion
Universidad de Deusto / University of Deusto
Bilbao / Spain