Re: kernel BUG at sched.c:564! (2.4.20, 2.4.21-pre5-ac3)

From: Greg KH (greg@kroah.com)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 13:52:36 EST

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 04:25:38PM +0000, Chris Sykes wrote:
> However it is easy to cause the BUG by simply:
>
> bash # echo "Some string" >/dev/ttyUSB0

The oops happens on close(), right? To verify this try:
        cat /dev/ttyUSB0
no oops should happen until you interrupt this.

Anyway, this is a known usb-serial bug right now. It should be fixed in
the 2.5 tree, but I haven't had enough people test that code out to know
if this is really true (I can't duplicate the bug on 2.4 myself.)

Can you test 2.5 to see if this is fixed there for you or not?

thanks,

greg k-h