Re: fbcon sleeping function call from illegal context

From: James Simmons (jsimmons@infradead.org)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 13:33:40 EST

> Running with the patch as posted by Mr. Simmons I didn't get any further
> instances of the sleeping function call from illegal context messages I
> reported before, until screenblanking went into effect. I then got the
> following:

Oh no!!! I just look at the console timer blanking code. It calls alot of
stuff. Not only does this mean we are limited in using kmalloc if we need
it but also using a semaphore to sync up the fb_pixmap stuff. At present
we use a spinlock. I tried it with a semphore but it kept hosing my
system. Now I know why.

What should be done is the console blank timer be passed onto
console_callback.

P.S
     I reversed some of the cursor changes. It uses static buffers again
until we have these issues solved. The code works as long as you don't use
more than one framebuffer device but it is rock solid like before for a
single framebuffer device. I will have a patch ready in the hour.