Re: Deprecating .gz format on kernel.org aka BogoMips

From: Marc Giger (gigerstyle@gmx.ch)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 15:26:53 EST

Hi All,

Your little BogoMips "contest" made me curious..:-) I've build a ELKS Kernel for my old 8088 PC. After some trouble with booting and root disks I can tell you the result now:

In "Turbo";-) mode I got 0.64 BogoMips (~8Mhz)
In "Normal" mode I got 0.37 BogoMips (~4Mhz)

Have you ever seen such a fast machine? :-))

greets

Marc