Re: [Patch] [arm] support older plebs

From: Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 11:38:43 EST

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 12:13:58AM +0800, Geoffrey Lee wrote:
> The PLEB is a SA-1100-based ARM computer developed at CSE at the
> University of New South Wales. I have discovered some of the earlier
> models would not set register 1 properly, which was required for Linux
> to boot. This was inside their (very old) kernel tree but which they
> never submitted for inclusion (?) It is a Photon1 with catapult
> bootloader combination.

I've been killing these - people should really be passing the right
value of r1 to the kernel. Think what happens when 200 different
machine types add these 3 lines.

A saner solution would be to define this appropriately if we're only
being built for one platform.

BTW, please send ARM stuff to the linux-arm-kernel list. See
http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/

--
Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)                The developer of ARM Linux