Re: Ptrace hole / Linux 2.2.25

From: Henning P. Schmiedehausen (hps@intermeta.de)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 06:36:50 EST

"Martin J. Bligh" <mbligh@aracnet.com> writes:

>If that's people's attitude ("you should use a vendor"), then we need a
>2.4-fixed tree to be run by somebody with an interest in providing
>critical bugfixes to the community with no distro ties. People may be
>perfectly capable of finding, applying, and collecting their own patches,
>but that's no reason to make it difficult.

Get the vendors to pay someone equally for it. That's much more likely
to succeed. The current 2.4 model is already doomed, IMHO.

        Regards
                Henning

Java, perl, Solaris, Linux, xSP Consulting, Web Services freelance consultant -- Jakarta Turbine Development -- hero for hire - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/